What to pack for a weekend away
It’s that time of year when everyone seems to be itching for a cheeky getaway. Winter is thankfully a distant memory but summer hasn’t quite got into full swing. So what should you include on your packing list? Whether you’re flying to Europe or driving to the country, it’s essential to pack light and include only a few key items that will keep you both comfy and looking stylish.
Here are Gather & See’s top tips:
1. Take layers. It might be deceptively warm when you set out but if the clouds roll in you don’t want to be shivering for the rest of the day. Our Maska sweater is 100% cashmere leaving you feeling snug, and it's dark navy so goes with everything!
2. Sling in some sunnies. You could be sightseeing, going for a country walk or sipping cocktails at a fancy bar but if that sun is out you’ll want to stay on trend. Our Carla Colour shades have become a Gather&See fave, coming in a range of pastel colours too!
3. Pack flats. If you’ve gone for a city break you’ll be pounding the pavements. There’s no point getting blisters. Look good and feel good wearing Matt & Nat's gorgeous vegan sandals in silver to go with everything.
4. Lightweight trousers. A good pair of culottes are perfect for browsing boutiques by day and can be glammed up by a pair of killer heels by night. Whether you go for Komodo's utility chic khaki pair or our brand new Conditions Apply pastel numbers you better hurry as culottes are hot property this summer and selling out quickly.
5. A big handbag. You’ll need something that fits your phone, your bottle of water, your jumper and your heels… just in case you don’t have time to head back to your hotel before you hit the bars. TINCT's brand new in Aragosta Tote in the most striking deep orange has summer written all over it and is as big as it is beautiful.
Remember, the cardinal rule when packing is less is more. Happy weekending!