Tricotage was founded in the Spring of 2010 by the two Danish designers Karin Bjørneboe and Ida Anesdatter Schmidt, based on their desire to create beautiful and simple everyday clothes in sustainable materials. The duo take inspiration from their native Copenhagen and the brand feaures a strong Scandinavian aesthetic. Tricotage is primarily known for their casual wear, produced in organic cotton with the signature print “the dot” as well as durable wool knitwear.
The values at Tricotage are based on the following principles:
- creating beautiful, simple and ready-to-wear clothing
- keeping the use of chemicals to a minimum, throughout the chain of production
- creating clothing with high durability
- having the clothes produced in, or close to, Europe
- respecting the certifications of GOTS and OEKO-TEX® wherever possible
Tricotage is located Copenhagen, where Tricotage’s own products are sold, as well as other clothing brands, all dedicated to the principles of sustainability.
Read more about the brand in our interview with Ida here.
View all designers⟶