Matt & Nat
Combining state of the art product innovation with on point design Matt & Nat produce vegan handbags and shoes that respect the environment and look the part at the same time. The brand is passionate and in awe of the world that surrounds us. Being inspired by MAT(T)erial and NATure means exploring the synergy between the two, the reflection of one on the other. Lead by the motto, "Live beautifully", Matt & Nat's core values of social responsibility, inclusiveness and authenticity, correlate perfectly with the Gather&See ethos.
From the beginning, Matt & Nat have been committed to not using leather or any other animal-based materials. Each season, the brand continues to explore new innovative ways to remain sustainable and eco-friendly. Over the years they have experimented with different recycled materials such as recycled nylons, cardboard, rubber and cork. Since 2007, the brand has been committed to using linings only made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles. They have also recently introduced recycled bicycle tires to collections.
View all designers⟶
- MATT & NAT stands for MAT(T)ERIAL + NATURE.
- M&N is a vegan brand therefore there are no animal products used in production.
- In 2010, the UN reported that the best way to protect the environment is to adopt a vegan/vegetarian diet, given the harmful effects of factory farming.
- The linings inside all MATT & NAT bags are made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- In addition to being vegan, sustainable materials are constantly sourced in design such as cork and rubber.
- The head office in Montreal, Canada is a ‘cruelty free’ zone. On the last Friday of every month the staff hold a vegetarian potluck at which time employees’ birthdays are celebrated with vegan cupcakes!
- Various vegan leathers are used in production, the scientific terms are PU (polyurethane) and PVC (polyvinylchloride). PU is less harmful for the environment than PVC and we make it a point to use it whenever possible. We continuously try to improve the standards for all our materials. One of our factories operates by the SA8000 standard and we hope to make this standard a bigger part of our production going forward.
- We visit diligently each factory and build strong personal relationships with their owners; they too are a part of the Matt & Nat family. This involvement in the making of our bags ensures integrity every step of the w